Friday, November 23, 2012

The Breathing Series by Rebecca Donovan Reviewed

 
“Love helped me live life instead of just survive it.”
Rebecca Donovan, Reason to Breathe
Book#1
 
"No one tried to get involved with me, and I kept to myself. This was the place where everything was supposed to be safe and easy. How could Evan Mathews unravel my constant universe in just one day?"

He knows there’s something more to the girl sitting in the back of the class the moment he sees her. She’s beautiful, intelligent, and athletic – but she slips quietly through the crowded halls, trying not to exist. Determined to get to know the elusive girl, Evan soon discovers…

Emma Thomas is hiding a terrible secret.

Reason to Breathe is an electrifying page turner from start to finish, a unique tale of life-changing love, unspeakable cruelty, and one girl’s fragile grasp of hope.
 
I read both books in this series awhile back and the story has stuck with me all this time. That's the kind of book that I love. One that stays with you, one that the characters feel like real people that you keep on your mind long after you read the last pages of the book. This series has done just that for me.
 
These books aren't hearts and flowers and rainbows mushy love stories. It's gritty real to life storyline grips you and holds you captive until the end. You hurt when Emma hurts, you love when she loves and you feel her fear radiating off the pages. Evan wraps the reader up in a safety blanket giving them hope for Emma and her future.
 
This story is rough around the edges because it deals with the difficult subject of abuse but it's an important subject to bring to light. I have read reviews about these books and many have disagreed with the way the abuse was handled but all I can say is this: Unless you've endured abuse you can't truly say how you would or would not handle it. Therefore read this story with an open mind and an open heart. The author does a phenomenal job pulling you into the story and it kept me turning the pages until the end.
 
Book 1 Reason To Breathe you can buy on Amazon by clicking >>> HERE 
 
Book 2 Barely Breathing you can buy on Amazon by clicking >>> HERE
 
Book 3 in the Breathing Series, Out of Breath is expected to be released in June of 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment