Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Butterfly Weeds by Laura Miller Reviewed

“There is a perfect someone, even if the road to that someone isn’t all that perfect.”
    ~
Laura Miller, Butterfly Weeds
 

 
Julia Lang expected a nice night away from the office-free of thoughts about the case, her failed engagement, her past. But she should have known better. Her past haunted her every chance it got these days, and tonight it came in the form of lyrics she never expected to hear again-not after a decade, not in the arms of another man and definitely not in the form of a confession. Now, Julia must discover for herself if the song-and more importantly, the man behind it-is enough to leave her new life for her small-town, Missouri roots and a second chance at love.

I recently read this lovely sweet book by Laura Miller and loved every minute of it! The story took me back to the small town life I grew up in. The author really drew me in making me feel like a part of the little quaint hometown that Julia and Will called home. This book was refreshing in so many ways. Sometimes you just want a light, feel good read that will leave you feeling all warm and cozy inside. This book was like a steaming cup of hot cocoa on a winter morning all wrapped up in a snuggley blanket.

 I loved watching the innocence that was Julia and Will as young teenagers and how they fell in love. Their journey was heartbreaking at times as they got older and their lives changed. I felt like I was right there with them every step of the way. I did cry reading this book and it kept me up til after 1am because I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a refreshing light reading. Butterfly Weeds is a timeless sweet love story that I think any romantic would enjoy. I will say though that if you are looking for steamy love scenes or anything of the sort you won't find that here. I have to say that it never really mattered to me as I was reading because the author did such a fantastic job of making the reader feel the love between the characters anyway. This book is definitely one of my new favorites!

You can buy Butterfly Weeds on Amazon by clicking >>>HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment