Friday, November 9, 2012

Summer's Journey Volumes 1-3 Reviewed

 

“Perhaps I was being picky, but I really didn’t think being able to spell orgasm without being spotted a vowel was asking too much.”
Summer Daniels, Summer's Journey: Losing Control, Vol 1
 
Summer's Journey is the first erotica book that I have reviewed on here and there's a reason for that. I know there's a ton of great, juicy erotica books out there especially in the wake of the Fifty Shades of Grey craze, but I found something in this book that all of those books don't have. REALITY! Yes, this book is a story based on truth from the author's real life. The first thing that really grabbed my attention other than the fact that I was reading something that had really happened to a real person was that the main character in the story was"fortyish" years old, divorced and on a journey of self-discovery.
 
The reader follows Summer through the peaks and valleys of struggling with allowing her inhibitions to fall away layer by layer. We follow her with baited breath as she becomes more comfortable with her sexual desires and body. She learns through a powerful sexual re-awakening that reads with a honesty and titillating descriptions that make you feel the reality of the truth behind the story.
 
I was cheering for Summer in my mind throughout each volume of the story. When she meets Mark the sparks practically fly off the page and I was instantly rooting for them to be together. When Mark drops the bomb of not wanting a quick roll in the hay (which is precisely what most single guys do want) I was just as surprised as Summer was. You follow her as she takes a leap of faith down a rabbit hole of sexual ABC's and 123's and I enjoyed falling along with her.
 
This book is short, just barely over 60 pages on my Kindle but I still feel it was worth my time and money. It was original and never felt rushed even though it was short in length. I look forward to more of Summer's story. If you are looking for something different, something original and real with steamy, erotic love scenes interlaced with an independent strong woman and a dominant sexy alpha male then this book is for you.
 
You can buy Summer's Journey: Collection One Volumes 1-3 three by clicking >>>HERE
As always HAPPY READING and support our indie authors!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a lovely review Katy!!

    Collection One is #46 on our What To Read After Fifty Shades of Grey Top Fifty List this week!

    Come check it out!!

    https://www.facebook.com/WhatToReadAfter50ShadesOfGrey

    ReplyDelete